- Full time
- Ongoing role
- Based in St Kilda, may require working from other Windana sites
Windana Drug and Alcohol Recovery Inc. is a leading Victorian-based drug and alcohol treatment organisation.
For more than 30 years, we have been helping people rebuild their lives in a safe, caring environment, supporting our clients wherever they are in the recovery process.
Windana provides an excellent suite of support for staff including comprehensive training, supervision and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
The Women and Families AOD Case Worker works to reduce AOD related harms to women and families with multiple and complex needs by providing case management, AOD interventions and outreach support. This dynamic role will work with both individual women and people who are parents or carers of children to assist in the provision of skills to prevent relapse and support the acquisition of knowledge, skills and motivation to initiate change and improve quality of life.
Key to your success will be your ability to provide:
- Alcohol and other drug interventions
- Family/child focused case management, including advocacy and support
- Group programs
- Co-ordinated care team approaches with clients with multiple and complex needs
- Interventions within an outreach practice model
The position is mainly based in St Kilda and may require working from other Windana sites.
Qualifications required for this position:
- A qualification in social work, psychology, family therapy or counselling or relevant health or social sciences qualification, and
- a Diploma in AOD Studies, or AOD and Mental Health or the AOD Certificate IV Core Competencies or the capacity to complete studies whilst in employment
For applicants with a degree level qualification or higher, the AOD Certificate IV Core Competencies or the capacity to complete studies whilst in employment is required.
Prior to applying, please refer to the Selection Criteria detailed in the position description.
Applications must address the selection criteria to be considered contained in the Position Description (click here) .
If you have further queries, please contact Irina Hart, Community Services Manager (ph. 03 9522 7911) or via email at email@example.com
22 October 2018 at 5.00pm (closing date extended)
Please email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org remembering to include your covering letter addressing the selection criteria and a current CV.
Preferred applicants may be required to undertake psychometric testing.
Successful applicant/s will require a satisfactory police check prior to appointment.