Aboriginal Support Workers – Ballarat and Maryknoll TCs
Windana is looking for two passionate and experienced Support Workers to assist our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander clients and residents at our Ballarat and Maryknoll Therapeutic Communities (TC).
Directly accountable to the Team Leader, the Support Worker is a community member that ensures the TC is a safe and supportive environment for residents to participate in treatment. The Support Worker provides assistance and care, performs administration duties, medication administration, and ensures ‘community as method’ is evident through role modelling and enacting a rational authority role.
- Have a demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the Victorian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community
- An understanding of and commitment to the Aboriginal community respecting traditional culture, values and ways of doing business
- Minimum Certificate IV in AOD or other relevant health qualification. Must be willing to complete the AOD core competencies or additional studies in addictive behaviours.
- Experience in a Therapeutic Community
- Experience working in a residential program
- Qualification and/or training in mental health
This role is subsidised by the Working for Victoria Fund and is a 6-month contract (Until September, 14th 2021)
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter via email at . Please note, this position is open to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants only