Admissions Case Worker
- Make a real difference in peoples’ lives
- Part-time ongoing opportunity with attractive salary packaging options available
- Based in St Kilda
We believe every person can change, grow and rebuild their lives if they choose.
Since 1984, Windana has helped thousands of people take a new direction to lead healthy, productive and happy lives.
Windana is a leading Melbourne-based drug and alcohol treatment organisation providing holistic services tailored to each client’s unique situation, wherever they may be on their recovery journey.
Windana’s Admissions Team coordinates all admissions to the Drug Withdrawal House (DWH), which offers supported withdrawal from alcohol and other drugs for people 18 years and over. Both contemporary medical treatment and complementary therapies are offered in the program.
Reporting into the Senior Intake Advisor, the Admissions Case Worker collaboratively work with referrers, clients, medical service providers and the relevant Windana treatment team, ensuring clients have a smooth transition into the most appropriate treatment.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Relevant health/welfare tertiary qualification such as Social Work, Psychology, Occupational Therapy, Enrolled Nursing or Allied Health Sciences
- Minimum Certificate IV in AOD or ability to commence studies within 6 months of employment
- Sound knowledge of the clinical manifestations of drug and alcohol withdrawal and clinical assessment tools used to measure progress in withdrawal
- Ability to apply a high level of assessment skills and a sound knowledge of the principles of clinical risk assessment and management both on the phone and face to face
- Ability to prioritise the needs of the client and develop culturally appropriate, trauma informed treatment plans with strategies to support clients with a co morbid mental illness and drug & alcohol issues
- Post graduate level qualification (e.g. Grad Dip or Masters in Addiction or Mental Health) (desirable)
- Previous experience working in alcohol and drug, mental health or health and welfare setting (desirable)
- Skills and experience in providing counselling, case management or group-based interventions (desirable)
To be considered, applications must include a recent CV and a cover letter addressing the Selection Criteria contained in the Position Description.
Applications close on 19 January 2021 at 5.00 p.m. We will be contacting and interviewing candidates prior to the close date.
Windana is a child-safe and equal employment opportunity employer. A valid Working with Children Check is mandatory for this position, and a police check will be administered for preferred candidates. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace culture. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.