Aftercare Coordinator, Job #WIN30
Windana is a leading Melbourne-based drug and alcohol treatment organisation specialising in holistic, client-focused recovery services.
For more than 30 years, we have been helping people rebuild their lives in a safe, caring environment, supporting our clients wherever they are in the recovery process.
Windana assists close to 1500 people across Victoria per annum by providing AOD treatment services including residential withdrawal services, residential rehabilitation and a suite of non-residential services.
Windana is a QIP accredited organisation currently employing over 150 highly experienced staff delivering excellent services across multiple sites.
Directly accountable to the Team Leader Community Programs, the Aftercare Coordinator is responsible for the management of the Pakenham Transition House and Integration House program as well as developing a recovery community for current and past Windana clients.
The Windana Therapeutic Community (TC) is a 78 bed residential facility located on a 40 acre property in Maryknoll, Victoria.
The program is delivered through four different phases over a period of 6-12 months. Residents of all phases live together in shared accommodation across five separate houses to support each other through the program.
The community as method approach utilised at Windana provides therapeutic and educational impact to residents who participate in self-help and mutual-help activities.
The Aftercare Program provides ongoing support and social connection opportunities for people establishing themselves in recovery post treatment.
Who We Are Looking For
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Diploma qualification in AOD, health, social or the behaviour science field or extensive relevant experience
- A minimum of two years work experience in the drug and alcohol field and demonstrated knowledge of problematic alcohol and other drug use
- Demonstrated experience in working with adults and awareness of family sensitive practice
- Demonstrated knowledge of co-morbidity in relation to mental illness and problematic alcohol and other drug use
- Demonstrated skills and experience relevant to coordinating residential rehabilitation programs including:
- Client assessment
- Client case management practices
- Using a range of counselling modalities in individual and group settings
- Liaising with a range of community services
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and written communication skills
- Empathetic to values of Windana
- Commitment to continuous quality improvement and OH&S
- Criminal records check and Working with Children Check
- The ability to abide by the Agency’s undertaking re: confidentiality
- A current full driver’s license
- Tertiary qualification in AOD, health science, social or the behaviour science field or extensive relevant experience
- Previous experience working within a Therapeutic Community or residential setting
- Community Development experience
Salary and conditions are in accordance with are in accordance with the Windana Drug and Alcohol Recovery Inc. Enterprise Agreement 2016.).
Windana is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing for its employees a work environment which is free of harassment and/or discrimination. The organisation promotes diversity and awareness in the workplace.
Effective risk / quality management is a core competency expected of everybody involved in Windana administration, including all staff, management and volunteers. Leaders will be accountable for applying agreed risk / quality management policy and strategy in their area of responsibility.
Under the Accident Compensation Act, it is the applicant’s duty to advise Windana of any pre- existing condition, which could be aggravated by the type of employment they are applying for. Failure to do so seriously jeopardises any entitlement the employee might have for a work-related aggravation of that non-disclosed pre-existing condition.