AOD Family Program Case Worker
Join an integrated AOD team environment in an exciting role working for a leading Not-For-Profit
- Provide services including case work and group facilitation for families
- Working with diverse populations and backgrounds
- Part-time role with flexible work hours
The Community Services Program delivers a range of Alcohol and Drug (AOD) treatment services including: Intake and assessment, Counselling, Care and Recovery Coordination (CRC), voluntary and forensic, Family Services, AOD support for people experiencing homelessness, a Therapeutic Day Program, Complementary Therapies and Art Therapy.
The AOD Family Caseworker position will provide services including case work and group facilitation for families. Family case work will be offered to families impacted by substance use. The role supports parents and families through the delivery of a range of interventions and models including outreach support, therapeutic and psycho educational group work, case work and family outings.
The focus is on increasing Windana’s capacity for Family Inclusive Practice, across a range of our programs including our Youth Withdrawal Unit, Adult Withdrawal Unit and Therapeutic Community Programs.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in social work, psychology, counselling or nursing.
- Qualifications in Family Therapy and/or family inclusive practice desirable.
- Completion of Certificate IV in AOD and Mental Health or the commitment to complete studies whilst in employment.
- Current First Aid Level II Certificate.
- Experience in working with families and children with complex needs, including alcohol and other drug issues.
- Experience in facilitating psycho-educational and therapeutic groups and training/information sessions.
- An understanding of Victorian Child, Youth and Family specific legislation.
- Knowledge of Family Violence specific Framework
- Demonstrated planning and organisational skills.
To be considered, applications must address the selection criteria contained in the attached Position Description.
17 September 2021 at 5 PM
We are committed to child safety and are a Child Safe organisation. A valid Working with Children Check is mandatory for this position, and a police check will be administered for preferred candidates. A current Victorian Driver’s license is essential for this role.
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace culture. We encourage people with disability, Aboriginal Australians, LGBTQIA, young people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this position.