AOD Family Program Case Worker
Windana is looking for a passionate and experienced Family Case Worker to provide clinical services including case work and group facilitation for families. The role supports parents and families through the delivery of a range of interventions and modalities including outreach support, both therapeutic and psycho educational group work, case work and family day outings.
The focus is on increasing parenting skills and coping mechanisms as well as an understanding of substance use, decreasing the level of stress within the family and improving family members’ communication and quality of family relationships.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in social work, psychology, counselling or nursing.
- Qualifications in Family Therapy and/or family inclusive practice desirable.
- Completion of Certificate IV in AOD and Mental Health or the commitment to complete studies whilst in employment.
- Current First Aid Level II Certificate.
- Experience in working with families and children with complex needs, including alcohol and other drug issues.
- Experience in facilitating psycho-educational and therapeutic groups and training/information sessions.
- An understanding of Victorian Child, Youth and Family specific legislation.
- Understanding of the Family Violence Framework
- Demonstrated planning and organisational skills.
To be considered, applications must address the selection criteria contained in the Family Case Worker – Community Services – 2021.
Please upload your current CV and Cover Letter following this link.
19 April 2021 at 5 PM
We are committed to child safety and are a Child Safe organisation. A valid Working with Children Check is mandatory for this position, and a police check will be administered for preferred candidates. A current Victorian Driver’s license is essential for this role.
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace culture. We encourage people with disability, Aboriginal Australians, LGBTQIA, young people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this position.