Assistant Bookkeeper, Job #WIN26
- Permanent Part -Time (0.6 FTE) role
- Work close to home in a 40 acre country residential style setting
- $30.55 – $33.05 per hour, depending on experience
- Generous Salary Packaging options available
Windana is a major provider of alcohol and other drug treatment services in Victoria. Our aim is to offer holistic, innovative services to our client group, and we encourage staff and clients to work in partnership. The value of community is intrinsic to our culture and promotes a sense of purpose and hope for the future.
The part-time Assistant Bookkeeper position is based at Windana’s Therapeutic Community (TC) in Maryknoll and ensures accurate and timely accounting of the TC finances. Working in a dynamic and highly supportive team culture, this role reports to the Bookkeeper and provides bookkeeping services for residents of the Therapeutic Community as well as general accounts work.
The Therapeutic Community (TC) residents rehabilitate by exploring their own life experiences and learning from the experience and insights of others. In education, therapy, and work groups which form the basis of the daily routine everyone has an opportunity to explore new ways of experiencing life. The TC is all about change and growth in a supportive and non-judgmental environment.
Located 75kms east of Melbourne, on a 40 acre property, residents live in self-contained houses in a campus style setting.
Who we are looking for
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A minimum five years working as a bookkeeper
- Knowledge and experience in using accounting software such as Quickbooks
- Ability to work in a clinical environment, in particular a Therapeutic Community
- Advanced level computer skills
- Be empathetic to principles of Windana
- Commitment to continuous quality improvement and OHS
- A qualification in bookkeeping and/or significant previous demonstrated experience
- A Certificate IV in Alcohol and Other Drugs or other relevant AOD qualification would be highly desirable.
To be considered, applications must address the selection criteria contained in the Position Description available below:
28 January 2020 at 5 PM
Please email your completed application, including a cover letter, your CV and responses to the selection criteria to remembering to include your cover letter addressing the selection criteria and a current CV.
We are committed to child safety and are a Child Safe organisation. A valid Working with Children Check is mandatory for this position, and a police check will be administered for preferred candidates.
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace culture. We encourage people with disability, Aboriginal Australians, LGBTQIA, young people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this position.