Barwon Therapeutic Community – Clinical Writer
- Make a real difference in peoples’ lives
- Fixed Term Contract
- Attractive salary packaging options available
The Therapeutic Community (TC) residents rehabilitate by exploring their own life experiences and learning from the experience and insights of others. In education, therapy, and work groups which form the basis of the daily routine everyone has an opportunity to explore new ways of experiencing life. The TC is all about change and growth in a supportive and non-judgmental environment.
Barwon TC is a purpose-built facility which will commence operation in July 2021
Directly accountable to the Project Manager – Barwon, ED Rehabilitation Services and developed in collaboration with the Quality Coordinator, the Clinical Writer key objective is to oversee the development, review and management of clinical resources across Windana’s Barwon TC implementation project. They will ensure all content developed is evidence based and approved through appropriate processes.
The incumbent will work closely and collaboratively with other members of the Windana operational and quality teams to ensure all documentation is developed to the standards required by the Clinical Governance Committee.
To be successful in this role, you will have
- Qualifications (complete or underway) in technical writing, project management, AOD, health or related field
- Demonstrated experience in community engagement including working in the AOD or Community Health Services sector.
- Demonstrated skills in writing and reviewing clinical content in a policy and project context, and the development of evidence-based information for the improvement of resources.
- Highly developed communication skills, both verbal and written, with an ability to interact with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Highly developed research skills combined with the ability to synthesise information in a clear and concise manner.
- Highly developed skills in eliciting and accurately capturing information from diverse sources.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Sound organisational and planning skills, including the ability to work under pressure and prioritise workloads for self and others..
We are committed to child safety and are a Child Safe organisation. A valid Working with Children Check is mandatory for this position, and a police check will be administered for preferred candidates. A current Victorian Driver’s license is essential for this role.
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace culture. We encourage people with disability, Aboriginal Australians, LGBTQIA, young people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this position.