Barwon Therapeutic Community – Community Liaison Officer
- Make a real difference in peoples’ lives
- Full-time opportunity
- Attractive salary packaging options available
The Therapeutic Community (TC) residents rehabilitate by exploring their own life experiences and learning from the experience and insights of others. In education, therapy, and work groups which form the basis of the daily routine everyone has an opportunity to explore new ways of experiencing life. The TC is all about change and growth in a supportive and non-judgmental environment.
Barwon TC is a purpose-built facility which will commence operation in July 2021.
Directly accountable to the Program Manager – Barwon, the Community Liaison Officer’s key objective is to build relationships and partnerships with local community and support agencies, and to identify and coordinate local partnerships for the delivery of programs and activities for TC clients.
To be successful in this role, you will have
- Qualifications (complete or underway) in project management, AOD, health or related field
- Demonstrated experience in community engagement including working with CALD and Indigenous clients and communities.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate on major projects and manage input from multiple parties.
- Ability to build effective internal and external relationships and management stakeholder engagement to benefit Windana clients and enhance service delivery.
- Highly organised, able to prioritise clearly and to oversee multiple tasks
- Resilient and ability to work calmly under pressure and to encourage others to do the same
- Capacity to manage changing priorities
- Computer literate, strong analytical skills and able to produce a high level of written communication
- Capacity to engage with multiple audiences around complex messaging
- Project management experience including associated software
- Experience working within the AOD sector and a demonstrated sophisticated understanding of the Victorian AOD sector (desirable)
We are committed to child safety and are a Child Safe organisation. A valid Working with Children Check is mandatory for this position, and a police check will be administered for preferred candidates. A current Victorian Driver’s license is essential for this role.
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace culture. We encourage people with disability, Aboriginal Australians, LGBTQIA, young people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this position.