Barwon Therapeutic Community – Project Lead
- Make a real difference in peoples’ lives
- Great role for an experienced leader
- Full-time opportunity with attractive salary packaging options available
The Therapeutic Community (TC) residents rehabilitate by exploring their own life experiences and learning from the experience and insights of others. In education, therapy, and work groups which form the basis of the daily routine everyone has an opportunity to explore new ways of experiencing life. The TC is all about change and growth in a supportive and non-judgmental environment.
Barwon TC is a purpose-built facility which will commence operation in July 2021
The project lead will be responsible for managing the program of works associated with the design and implementation of the Barwon TC. The person will work under the direction of and report on project progress to the Project Manager and Executive Director Rehabilitation Services including status, priorities, key deliverables, resourcing of projects, change management and key dates.
To be successful in this role, you will have
- Demonstrated project management experience, managing multiple projects that are part of a larger program of work.
- Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to gain respect and to create a sense of community amongst the members of the project teams, staff and managers
- Good knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling programs
- Sound business case development skills
- Understanding of the procurement process including negotiation with third parties
- Experience in program, project and change management methods
- Demonstrated knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures
- Ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems
- Experience in working in the AOD or Community Health Services sector (desirable).
We are committed to child safety and are a Child Safe organisation. A valid Working with Children Check is mandatory for this position, and a police check will be administered for preferred candidates. A current Victorian Driver’s license is essential for this role.
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace culture. We encourage people with disability, Aboriginal Australians, LGBTQIA, young people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this position.