Care and Recovery Coordinator – Secada
- Join an integrated AOD team environment with the SECADA Consortium in an exciting new role
- Fixed term position – 0.8 to 1 FTE negotiable.
- Attractive salary packaging, development opportunities and flexible work arrangements available including purchased leave.
About the Opportunity
This is an excellent opportunity, for a professional Care and Recovery Coordinator with knowledge and expertise in therapeutic interventions and experience in the AOD sector and an understanding of the Victoria AOD service system.
The Care and Recovery Coordinator aims to assist people facing complex biopsychosocial issues in their lives and will work with those individuals to establish a comprehensive treatment and coordination applying the Social Model of Health framework.
The role will promote the development of skills to prevent relapse, support the acquisition of knowledge, skills and motivation to initiate change and improve quality of life.
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Psychology, Counselling or Nursing, Alcohol and Drugs or similar fields are mandatory
- Completion of Certificate IV (Four AOD Competencies for applicants with health-related degrees) or Diploma in AOD and Mental Health or a commitment to complete studies whilst in employment – as negotiated with the Program Manager.
- At least 3 years’ experience in the field working with clients with substance misuse problems, their families or carers. Experience and knowledge working with people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Capacity to provide case work and AOD interventions within the context of a harm reduction, family work and recovery philosophies.
- Dual diagnosis knowledge, skills and experience is highly regarded
- Community Services (CS)
The Community Services Program delivers a range of Alcohol and Drug (AOD) treatment services including: Intake and assessment, Counselling, Care and Recovery Coordination (CRC), Family Services, AOD support for people experiencing homelessness, a Therapeutic Day Program, Complementary Therapies and Art Therapy. This role sits with the Windana Community Services Program in the Windana team at SECADA.
The South Eastern Consortium of Alcohol and Drug Agencies (SECADA) provides support to youth and adults seeking alcohol and other drug services in the South Eastern Catchment. Windana is the lead agency of the consortium which is compromised of Monash Health, Odyssey House Victoria, Taskforce Community Agency and Youth Support and Recovery Service (YSAS). There is a shared commitment to decrease harm related to AOD use, to enhance physical and mental health and re build connections in the community and with their loved ones.
How to apply:
If you are interested please see the Position Description, for more information on the role and the selection criteria.
To send your current resume with a cover letter expressing why you are interested in this role via email at
There is no closing date, we’ll assess applications as we receive them.
If you have any queries, please contact Kaydee Horne via email at