- Ongoing full time position
- Make a difference to the lives of young people
- Generous Salary Packaging options available
Windana Drug and Alcohol Recovery Inc. is a leading Victorian-based drug and alcohol treatment organisation.
For more than 30 years, we have been helping people rebuild their lives in a safe, caring environment, supporting our clients wherever they are in the recovery process.
Directly accountable to the Windana Youth Community House (WYCH) Program Coordinator, the Case Worker has responsibility for providing clients with alcohol and/or other substance use, a safe, supportive and holistic environment to undertake a supervised withdrawal within a residential setting.
The WYCH is based in Dandenong and offers a comfortable residential withdrawal environment for young people aged 12-24. At WYCH we work in conjunction with other services already involved in the case management of individuals.
WYCH services are based on an ethos of flexibility, firmness, fairness and fun and aim to support the young person and respond to their varying developmental needs. Our services conform to the Windana philosophy which ensures a holistic approach is maintained throughout all operations.
To be successful in this role you will be required to:
- To provide case management, counselling and support to clients accessing youth residential withdrawal service
- To facilitate group interventions focused on a range of treatment modalities including mindfulness, motivational interviewing, relapse prevention and cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT) principles
- To provide case management to clients to assist in the referral to the most appropriate services on discharge including the development and review of client centred treatment and recovery plans
- To ensure relevant others are included in the client’s recovery plan such as family members and other key organizations
- To supervise and monitor daily house and domestic activities including food preparation, house meetings and therapy groups
- To supervise and monitor internal and external recreational activities
Your experience and qualifications will include:
- A minimum of two years’ work experience in the drug and alcohol field
- Certificate IV Alcohol and Drugs or Bachelor degree or higher qualifications in relevant field
- Previous experience working within a residential withdrawal setting (desirable)
- Qualifications in mental health or youth work would be an advantage (desirable)
To be considered, applications must address the selection criteria contained in the Position Description available (click here)
If you have any queries, please contact Lea McDonald via email at Lea.McDonald@windana.org.au
24th July 2019 at 5.00pm
Please email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org remembering to include your covering letter addressing the selection criteria and a current CV.
A valid Working with Children Check is mandatory for this position and a police check will be administered for preferred candidates. We are a child safe and equal employment opportunity employer. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged.