We have an exciting opportunity for a Chef with relevant experience working the not-for-profit sector, to join our team located in Barwon, on a permanent part-time basis working 25 hours per week.
Windana Drug and Alcohol Recovery Inc. is a leading Victorian-based drug and alcohol treatment organisation.
For more than 30 years, we have been helping people rebuild their lives in a safe, caring environment, supporting our clients wherever they are in the recovery process.
The Chef will provide meals of the highest quality in accordance with Windana’s ‘Food as Medicine’ program, to rehabilitating residents in the Therapeutic Community.
Responsibilities include, to:
- Provide seasonal meals in line with the Windana Food as Medicine menu
- Assist and guide residents during meal preparation and cooking with hands-on support and application
- Assist in meal delivery for special events held at the TC including community events and formal occasions
- Report any known or observed hazards to the Occupation Health and Safety Officer
- Follow all Health and Safety policies and procedures
- To perform duties within the contact of the Windana philosophy, policies and procedures
Salary will be from $32.54 per hour Level 3 – Pay point 1 + superannuation.
Extensive salary packaging options to reduce amount of tax you pay
Employee Assistant Program
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Trade qualification and/or extensive experience in comparable role.
- Excellent working knowledge of kitchens and kitchen equipment
- Desire to embrace our Food as Medicine and Paddock to Plate philosophies
- Ability to incorporate seasonal produce from our organic vegetable gardens.
- Desirable: Certificate IV in Alcohol and Other Drugs or other relevant AOD qualification.
To apply, please email your completed application to and include:
- A covering letter addressing your key selection criteria from within the Position Descriptionin relation to this position. To view the Position Description please Click Here; and
- A copy of your current CV.
Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Applications closing date: Friday 21 January 2022
For further information, contact Shelley Gibb on 0491 084 435 for a confidential discussion.
Windana adheres to Government mandates in relation to COVID-19
A valid Working with Children Check is mandatory for this position and a police check will be administered for preferred candidates. We are a child safe and equal employment opportunity employer.