We have an exciting opportunity for a Consumer Consultant with relevant Alcohol and Drug experience to join our team located in St Kilda on a casual basis.
Windana Drug and Alcohol Recovery Inc. is a leading Victorian-based drug and alcohol treatment organisation.
For more than 30 years, we have been helping people rebuild their lives in a safe, caring environment, supporting our clients wherever they are in the recovery process.
Consumer Consultant provides the Clinical Governance Committee with expert advice, direction, and input as someone with a lived experience of substance dependence.
- Attend clinical governance committee meetings as scheduled.
- Prepare for all meetings including having read the meeting papers (including minutes of previous meetings and action list) and provide agenda items to the chair (where required).
- Follow up on all action items as per the meeting requirements.
- Advocate and provide insights from the consumer perspective on matters that are raised during the meeting and as part of working groups.
- Contribute to and promote Windana’s work through the community and be a positive advocate for our work.
Salary will be $40.68 per hour Level 3 – Pay Point 1 inclusive 25% casual loading.
What we are looking for
- Lived experience of alcohol and or other drug dependence.
- Experience as a client/resident of Windana.
- Understanding of different AOD treatment program models and approaches.
- Understanding of Organisational governance or willingness to learn.
- Non-judgmental and open to different approaches to recovery and harm reduction.
To view the Position Description please- Click here
Applications closing date: Monday 29 November 2021
A valid Working with Children Check is mandatory for this position and a police check will be administered for preferred candidates. We are a child safe and equal employment opportunity employer.
Windana adheres to Government mandates in relation to COVID-19
Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.