Dual Diagnosis Practitioner
- Attractive salary packaging, development opportunities and flexible work arrangements are available, including purchased leave.
- Permanent role 0.6 EFT – (days/weeks negotiable)
- Working with diverse populations and backgrounds
The Therapeutic Community (TC) residents rehabilitate by exploring their own life experiences and learning from the experience and insights of others. In education, therapy, and work groups which form the basis of the daily routine everyone has an opportunity to explore new ways of experiencing life. The TC is all about change and growth in a supportive and non-judgmental environment.
Located 75kms east of Melbourne, on a 40-acre property, residents live in self-contained houses in a campus style setting.
Directly accountable to the Assistant Manager, Rehabilitation Services, the Dual Diagnosis Practitioner will work to improve dual diagnosis responses across the Windana Rehabilitation Services suite of programs. This position will specifically work with those clients who experience high levels of disadvantage and vulnerability as a result of mental health and problematic substance use.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in health-related discipline
- Registered Psychologist and/or Registered Nurse with Postgraduate Mental Health qualifications
- Current APHRA Registration
- AOD Certificate IV is preferred
- Minimum five years working in the health and social services sector
- Knowledge of and experience in the drug and alcohol service system and the range of treatment options available, including knowledge of principles of prevention and harm minimization as these relate to illicit drug use.
- The ability to discern and prioritise needs of clients and to ensure the most useful and appropriate information, intervention or referral options are offered
- High level of clinical assessment skill Advanced level computer skills
- The ability to abide by the Agency’s undertaking re: confidentiality
To be considered, applications must address the selection criteria contained in the attached Position Description: MTC DD Practitioner PD – Aug 2021
1st of October 2021 at 5 PM
If you have any queries, please email: .
We are committed to child safety and are a Child Safe organization. A valid Working with Children Check is mandatory for this position, and a police check will be administered for preferred candidates. A current full Victorian Driver’s license is essential for this role.
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace culture. We encourage people with disability, Aboriginal Australians, LGBTQIA, young people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this position.