- Dandenong based
- Full time ongoing position
- Generous Salary Packaging options available
Windana Drug and Alcohol Recovery Inc. is a leading Victorian-based drug and alcohol treatment organisation.
For more than 30 years, we have been helping people rebuild their lives in a safe, caring environment, supporting our clients wherever they are in the recovery process.
The primary focus of this position is to reduce AOD related harms to people referred to SECADA and their families by conducting assessments and providing a range of counselling interventions. The Intake and Assessment/ AOD Counsellor will assist in the provision of skills to prevent relapse and support the acquisition of knowledge, skills and motivation to initiate change and improve quality of life.
The role will use evidence based counselling interventions and behavioural therapies.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Capacity to provide AOD interventions within the context of a harm minimisation and recovery philosophy.
- Skills in a range of counselling approaches relevant to individual and group counselling/therapy.
- Experience in working with forensic AOD clients
- Experience in conducting Comprehensive AOD assessments (desirable)
- Capacity to:
- Prepare case notes and clinical reports which meet required professional standards.
- Work with people with co-occurring AOD and psychiatric presentations.
- Work with people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
- Work competently within a multidisciplinary team under clinical supervision.
- Work effectively with minimal workplace supervision.
Your qualifications will include:
- University qualifications in Psychology, Counselling, Nursing or Social Work.
- Completion of Certificate IV (Four AOD Competencies for applicants with health related degrees) or Diploma in AOD and Mental Health or the capacity to complete studies whilst in employment.
- Appropriate training related to Mental Health or Dual Diagnosis or achievement of enrolment within 2 months of employment and subsequent completion.
To be considered, applications must address the selection criteria contained in the Position Description - click here
If you have any queries, please contact Irina Hart via email at Irina.Hart@windana.org.au
27th February 2019 at 5.00pm
Please email your completed application to email@example.com remembering to include your covering letter addressing the selection criteria and a current CV.
A valid Working with Children Check is mandatory for this position and a police check will be administered for preferred candidates. We are a child safe and equal employment opportunity employer. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged.