Key Worker, Grampians Therapeutic Community
Windana is a leading Melbourne-based drug and alcohol treatment organisation specialising in holistic, client-focused recovery services, employing over 150 highly experienced staff delivering services across multiple sites.
For more than 35 years, Windana has been helping people rebuild their lives in a safe, caring environment, supporting our clients through their recovery process.
Windana assists 1500 people across Victoria every year by providing drug and alcohol treatment services including residential withdrawal, residential rehabilitation and a suite of non-residential services.
The Therapeutic Community (TC) residents rehabilitate by exploring their own life experiences and learning from the experience and insights of others. In education, therapy, and workgroups which form the basis of the daily routine everyone has an opportunity to explore new ways of experiencing life. The TC is all about change and growth in a supportive and non-judgmental environment.
Grampians TC is a purpose-built 20 -bed facility.
Directly accountable to the Therapeutic Community Team Leader and working under general direction, the Therapeutic Community Key Worker is responsible for providing opportunities for residents to identify and address risk taking behavioural patterns and develop lifestyles of self-determined purpose. Act as a rational authority and role model.
The role is situated in Ballarat and will service state-wide referrals with a priority in the Grampians catchment area.
Who We Are Looking For
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Proven experience in case management and delivering group-based interventions and programs
- Experience working within the alcohol and drug sector or within a similar dynamic and community-based environment
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport, negotiate and facilitate resident outcomes
- A demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement of interventions, programs and services.
- Ability to understand and implement a Therapeutic Community model
- Excellent communication skills both in writing reports, assessments and treatment plans and verbally communicating key messages and treatment options with influence and compassion.
- Minimum Diploma in Alcohol and Other Drugs, Mental Health or other relevant disciplines
We are a child safe and equal employment opportunity employer. A valid Working with Children Check is mandatory for this position, and a police check will be administered for the preferred candidate. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace culture. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Reference Number: WIN 53