- Well regarded not-for-profit
- Full time ongoing position
- Generous Salary Packaging options available
- Dandenong based
Windana Drug and Alcohol Recovery Inc. is a leading Victorian-based drug and alcohol treatment organisation. For more than 30 years, we have been helping people rebuild their lives in a safe, caring environment, supporting our clients wherever they are in the recovery process.
The Withdrawal and Coordinated Care Program consists of both state-wide and catchment-based services including:
- Adult residential withdrawal unit, St Kilda (15 beds)
- Youth residential withdrawal unit, Dandenong (6 beds)
- Admissions, Care and Recovery Coordination, and Dual Diagnosis
- Non-residential withdrawal services (Casey, Cardinia, Dandenong, Frankston/Mornington Peninsula and Barwon)
Directly accountable to the Manager Withdrawal and Coordinated Care, the Non Resi Withdrawal Nurse is responsible for the delivery of withdrawal support for people seeking to reduce or cease problematic drug or alcohol use whilst remaining in their own home environment. The services are provided to clients that are low risk and have an identified support worker and stable accommodation. The role is situated in the SECADA Consortium in Dandenong and provides outreach support to clients situated in Casey, Cardinia and greater Dandenong.
This role will appeal to both general and psychiatric nurses who enjoy working in an outreach capacity and have experience and skills liaising with local GPs and other AOD providers.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Registration with AHPRA as a RN or EN medication endorsed.
- Capacity to provide AOD interventions in an outreach capacity in collaboration with the client’s GP and support team
- Skills in a range of counselling approaches relevant to individual’s with substance abuse history and trauma
- Ability to assess risk in the outreach environment ensuring safety of both client and staff
- Demonstrated experience in working with people with complex needs, including alcohol and other drug issues, mental health and diversity (desirable).
If you feel this role is for you, please email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org remembering to include your current CV and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria contained in the Position Description available here
A valid Working with Children Check is mandatory for this position and a police check will be administered for preferred candidates. We are a child safe and equal employment opportunity employer. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged.
If you have any queries, please contact Sandra Hocking via email at Sandra.Hocking@windana.org.au
23 August 2019 at 5.00pm