- Geelong/Barwon based
- Full time ongoing position
- Generous Salary Packaging options available
Windana Drug and Alcohol Recovery Inc. is a leading Victorian-based drug and alcohol treatment organisation.
For more than 30 years, we have been helping people rebuild their lives in a safe, caring environment, supporting our clients wherever they are in the recovery process.
The Barwon Non-Residential Withdrawal Nurse is responsible for the delivery of withdrawal support for people seeking to reduce or cease problematic drug or alcohol use whilst remaining in their own home environment. The services are provided to clients that are low risk and have an identified support worker and stable accommodation. The successful applicant will work closely with other NRWS team members within the Stepping Up Consortium in Geelong.
The mandatory qualifications required for this position is Registration with APHRA as a Division 1 Registered Nurse or Enrolled Endorsed Nurse, and the completion of Certificate IV or Diploma in AOD and Mental Health OR the capacity to complete studies whilst in employment. You will also have at least 2 years’ experience working in the AOD sector.
Key selection criteria for the role as following:
- RN or EN medication endorsed with at least 2 years working in the sector
- Capacity to provide AOD interventions in an outreach capacity in collaboration with the client’s GP and support team
- Skills in a range of counselling approaches relevant to individual’s with substance abuse history and trauma
- Ability to assess risk in the outreach environment ensuring safety of both client and staff
- Demonstrated experience in working with people with complex needs, including alcohol and other drug issues, mental health and diversity.
To be considered, applications must address the selection criteria contained in the Position Description available here
If you have any queries, please contact Sandra Hocking via email at Sandra.Hocking@windana.org.au
29th May 2019 at 5.00pm
Please email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org remembering to include your covering letter addressing the selection criteria and a current CV.
A valid Working with Children Check is mandatory for this position and a police check will be administered for preferred candidates. We are a child safe and equal employment opportunity employer. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged.