Job reference: WCC134
Are you looking for a change of pace or a new direction in your career? Do you want to be part of a leading organisation that helps the most vulnerable people in our community?
If so, we have an exciting opportunity for a Registered Nurse Practitioner with relevant Alcohol and Drug experience to join our Barwon team located in Geelong on a permanent part-time basis, 22.8 hours per week.
Windana Drug and Alcohol Recovery Inc. is a leading Victorian-based drug and alcohol treatment organisation.
For more than 30 years, we have been helping people rebuild their lives in a safe, caring environment, supporting our clients wherever they are in the recovery process.
If you want to find out how your work could have an impact, click here to read some of our clients’ inspiring stories!
The Nurse Practitioner really makes a difference in the non-residential withdrawal space through applying their advanced clinical practice to provide safe, high-quality assessment and management of clients seeking to reduce or cease problematic drug and alcohol use whilst remaining in their own home environment. The services are provided to clients that are low risk and have an identified support worker and stable accommodation. The Nurse Practitioner works in collaboration with another registered nurse and the clients usual GP.
For further information about the role, please refer to the Position Description below.
To be successful in this role you will have
- Completed Master of Nurse Practitioner qualification or equivalent NMBA approved qualification which includes an approved Therapeutic Medication Module
- Current APHRA Registration and Endorsement
- DH medication provider number
- Medicare and PBS & MBS approval
- Complete relevant training required to prescribe opioid substitution pharmacotherapy for opioid dependent clients
- Sound knowledge of the clinical manifestations of drug and alcohol withdrawal and clinical assessment tools used to measure progress in withdrawal
- Ability to prioritise the needs of the client and develop wholistic, culturally appropriate, trauma informed treatment plans incorporating co-morbid mental illness and drug & alcohol issues
- Ability to establish rapport with a range of stakeholders including clients, families, staff, and external service providers
- Competent in both written and verbal communication and organisational and time management skills
Desirable Skills & Competencies
- Previous experience working with clients with problematic alcohol, drug, or mental health issues
- Experience in the use of client record management systems , for example – Redicase, Mastercare, or similar.
Salary will be in the range of $118,000 – $128,000 per annum, (pro-rated part time) plus superannuation, based on skills and experience.
- Generous Salary packaging options to increase take home pay
- Flexible working arrangements, no shift work or weekend work
- Clinical supervision and mentoring with an Addiction medicine specialist on staff
If this looks like a role that’s right for you, APPLY NOW or contact Sandra Hocking via email at for a confidential discussion.
- A copy of your covering letter, addressing the key selection criteria from within the Position Description. To view the Position Description please click here; and
- Your current CV.
Applications closing date: Friday, 21 January 2022
A valid Working with Children Check is mandatory for this position and a police check will be administered for preferred candidates. We are a child safe and equal employment opportunity employer.
Windana adheres to Government mandates in relation to COVID-19.
Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.