Program Manager – Job# WIN33
Windana is a leading Melbourne-based drug and alcohol treatment organisation specialising in holistic, client-focused recovery services.
For more than 30 years, we have been helping people rebuild their lives in a safe, caring environment, supporting our clients wherever they are in the recovery process.
Windana assists close to 1500 people across Victoria per annum by providing AOD treatment services including residential withdrawal services, residential rehabilitation and a suite of non-residential services.
Windana is a QIP accredited organisation currently employing over 150 highly experienced staff delivering excellent services across multiple sites.
The Therapeutic Community (TC) residents rehabilitate by exploring their own life experiences and learning from the experience and insights of others. In education, therapy, and workgroups which form the basis of the daily routine everyone has an opportunity to explore new ways of experiencing life. The TC is all about change and growth in a supportive and non-judgmental environment.
Located in Ballarat, Grampians TC is a purpose-built facility which commenced operation in 2019.
Directly accountable to the Executive Director – Rehabilitation Services, the Program Manager is responsible for the day to day operations of the Therapeutic Community. The Program Manager will provide leadership, clinical expertise, supervision and support to the staff and resident teams.
This role is suitable for a dynamic individual who would like to lead the development of an establishment that is geared towards making a difference in the lives of people.
Who We Are Looking For
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Tertiary Qualifications in Nursing, Social Work, Psychology or similar
- Qualifications in AOD and/or mental health or commitment to work towards AOD core competencies within the first six months of employment
- Experience in the management or leadership of a team
- A minimum of two years’ work experience in the drug and alcohol field and demonstrated knowledge of problematic alcohol and other drug use
- Demonstrated knowledge of co-morbidity in relation to problematic alcohol and other drug use and mental health
- Client assessment skills and experience
- Experience in Group Work
- Demonstrated experience of successfully working with a range of community services including, but not limited to, other NGO’s, police, and local council
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and written communication skills
- A current full driver’s licence
- Advanced level computer skills
- Aligned with the principles of Windana
- Commitment to continuous quality improvement and OHS
- Current First Aid certificate or willingness to undertake
- Current Victorian Working with Children’s check or willingness to undertake
- Current Victorian Police Check or willingness to undertake
We are a child safe and equal employment opportunity employer. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged.