- Well regarded not-for-profit
- Full time, part time ongoing positions and casual bank positions
- Generous Salary Packaging options available
Windana Drug and Alcohol Recovery Inc. is a leading Victorian-based drug and alcohol treatment organisation.
For more than 30 years, we have been helping people rebuild their lives in a safe, caring environment, supporting our clients wherever they are in the recovery process.
The Windana Adult Residential Withdrawal Nurse works in a multidisciplinary team providing holistic care to clients undergoing withdrawal from drugs or alcohol in a 7-10 day short stay community residential setting. The multidisciplinary team works from a biopsychosocial framework utilising an integrated approach incorporating western medicine and naturopathy, complementary therapies, harm minimisation, life skills education, relapse prevention, diet, nutrition and exercise.
Selection Criteria for the role as following:
- Knowledge of problematic alcohol and other drug use and comorbidities in relation to impact on mental health
- Knowledge of contemporary treatment modalities
- An interest to work in a residential community setting in a multidisciplinary team approach
- Skills in a range of therapeutic approaches such as motivational interviewing, relapse prevention, harm reduction, mindfulness, acceptance and commitment therapy or other skills relevant to individual and group counselling/therapy.
- Capacity to work with people with co-occurring AOD and psychiatric presentations and people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
- Full drivers licence essential
- AHPRA Registration
To be considered, applications must address the selection criteria contained in the Position Description - click here
If you have any queries, please contact Maree Cations via email at Maree.Cations@Windana.org.au
27 May 2019 at 5.00pm
Please email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org remembering to include your covering letter addressing the selection criteria and a current CV.
A valid Working with Children Check is mandatory for this position and a police check will be administered for preferred candidates. We are a child safe and equal employment opportunity employer. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged.