- Ballarat based
- Part-time 25 hours per week across 5 days
- Unique environment
Windana Drug and Alcohol Recovery Inc. is a leading Victorian-based drug and alcohol treatment organisation.
For more than 30 years, we have been helping people rebuild their lives in a safe, caring environment, supporting our clients wherever they are in the recovery process.
Reporting directly to the Service Manager, the Community Nurse is responsible for providing leadership in nursing assessment, intake and treatment to Therapeutic Community (TC) residents. The role provides leadership in risk assessment and management and takes responsibility for management of all nursing stock and functions. This role coordinates the Pharmacotherapy program.
TC residents rehabilitate by exploring their own life experiences and learning from the experience and insights of others. In education, therapy, and work groups which form the basis of the daily routine everyone has an opportunity to explore new ways of experiencing life. The TC is all about change and growth in a supportive and non-judgmental environment.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Clinical nursing and assessment skills
- Extensive experience working with clients within the AOD and/or Mental Health sector
- Experience working with ORT clients
- Ability to develop and deliver health education seminars
- Ability to take a leadership position, provide training and mentoring
- Be empathetic to the values of Windana
- Promote and lead continuous quality improvement and OH&S work
- Personal attributes: Professional, confident and empathic
Your qualifications include:
- Current AHPRA registration as a Registered Nurse Division 1
- Current Victorian Driver’s License
- Post graduate qualification in AOD and or mental health (desirable)
To be considered, applications must address the selection criteria contained in the Position Description - (click here)
If you have any queries please contact Carly Johnson on 0447 572 825 or via email on Carly.Johnson@windana.org.au
17th July 2019 at 5.00pm
Please email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org remembering to include your covering letter addressing the selection criteria and a current CV.
A valid Working with Children Check is mandatory for this position and a police check will be administered for preferred candidates. We are a child safe and equal employment opportunity employer. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged.