Senior Therapist, Job #WIN27
Windana is a leading Melbourne-based drug and alcohol treatment organisation specialising in holistic, client-focused recovery services.
For more than 30 years, we have been helping people rebuild their lives in a safe, caring environment, supporting our clients wherever they are in the recovery process.
Windana assists close to 1500 people across Victoria per annum by providing AOD treatment services including residential withdrawal services, residential rehabilitation and a suite of non-residential services.
Windana is a QIP accredited organisation currently employing over 150 highly experienced staff delivering excellent services across multiple sites.
Directly accountable to the Clinical Lead, Rehabilitation Services, the Senior Therapist will provide assessment, education and therapy to residents predominantly within a group setting. This position will work with residents entering the Therapeutic Community to ensure they are prepared and engaged for ongoing treatment. Specialist skills of the Senior Therapist may be employed across the Therapeutic Community and Aftercare programs to ensure the best outcomes for residents.
The Windana Therapeutic Community (TC) is a 78 bed residential facility located on a 40 acre property in Maryknoll, Victoria.
The program is delivered through four different phases over a period of 6-12 months. Residents of all phases live together in shared accommodation across five separate houses to support each other through the program.
The community as method approach utilised at Windana provides therapeutic and educational impact to residents who participate in self-help and mutual-help activities.
The Aftercare Program provides ongoing support and social connection opportunities for people establishing themselves in recovery post treatment.
Who We Are Looking For
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Knowledge of and experience in the drug and alcohol service system and the range of treatment options available, including knowledge of principles of harm minimization as these relate to illicit drug use.
- Group therapy facilitation
- Demonstrated ability in Case management
- The ability to discern and prioritise needs of clients and to ensure the most useful and appropriate information, intervention or referral options are offered
- High level of clinical assessment skill
- Advanced level computer skills
- Empathetic to values of Windana
- Commitment to continuous quality improvement and OHS
- Criminal records check
- Working with Children Check
- The ability to abide by the Agency’s undertaking re: confidentiality
- Minimum Diploma level qualification with extensive experience. Bachelor degree or higher preferred in health related discipline.
- AOD qualification or the ability to complete AOD core competencies.
Desirable Skills & Competencies
- Post Graduate qualification
- Experience within a residential model
Salary and conditions are in accordance with are in accordance with the Windana Drug and Alcohol Recovery Inc. Enterprise Agreement 2016.).
Windana is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing for its employees a work environment which is free of harassment and/or discrimination. The organisation promotes diversity and awareness in the workplace.
Effective risk / quality management is a core competency expected of everybody involved in Windana administration, including all staff, management and volunteers. Leaders will be accountable for applying agreed risk / quality management policy and strategy in their area of responsibility.
Under the Accident Compensation Act, it is the applicant’s duty to advise Windana of any pre- existing condition, which could be aggravated by the type of employment they are applying for. Failure to do so seriously jeopardises any entitlement the employee might have for a work-related aggravation of that non-disclosed pre-existing condition.