We have an exciting opportunity for a Support Worker with relevant Alcohol and Drug experience to join our team located in Maryknoll, on a Casual basis.
Windana Drug and Alcohol Recovery Inc. is a leading Victorian-based drug and alcohol treatment organisation.
For more than 30 years, we have been helping people rebuild their lives in a safe, caring environment, supporting our clients wherever they are in the recovery process.
The Support Worker is a community member that ensures the TC is a safe and supportive environment for residents to participate in treatment. The Support Worker provides support and care, performs administration duties, assists with medication administration, ensures ‘Community as Method’ is evident through role modelling and enacting a rational authority role.
- Ensure Community as Method is evident and promoted within the Therapeutic Community
- Develop a working knowledge of the Australasian Therapeutic Community Essential Elements (ATCEE’s)
- Utilise brief intervention, de-escalation strategies and motivational interviewing to assist residents in treatment
- Facilitate client self-medication access
- Provide support to residents attending off-site appointments
- Participate in community activities i.e., food preparation, groups
- Produce professional and comprehensive documentation including but not limited to handover notes, communication book entries, case notes and incident reporting
Salary will be $40.68 per hour inclusive of 25% casual loading Level 3 – Pay point 1 inclusive of superannuation.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Minimum Certificate IV in AOD or other relevant health qualification
- Must be willing to complete the AOD core competencies or additional studies in addictive behaviours.
- Experience working/volunteering within the AOD or mental health sector
- Ability to work, participate and contribute within a multidisciplinary team
- Understanding of the Therapeutic Community model – ATCA Essential Elements
To view the Position Description please- Click here
Applications closing date: Thursday 2 December 2021
Windana adheres to Government mandates in relation to COVID-19
A valid Working with Children Check is mandatory for this position and a police check will be administered for preferred candidates. We are a child safe and equal employment opportunity employer.
Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.