We have an exciting opportunity for a Support Worker with relevant Alcohol and Drug experience to join our team located in Ballarat, on a permanent part-time basis working 30.4 hours per week.
Windana Drug and Alcohol Recovery Inc. is a leading Victorian-based drug and alcohol treatment organisation.
For more than 30 years, we have been helping people rebuild their lives in a safe, caring environment, supporting our clients wherever they are in the recovery process.
The Support Worker is a community member that ensures the TC is a safe and supportive environment for residents to participate in treatment. The Support Worker provides support and care, performs administration duties, assists with medication administration, ensures ‘community as method’ is evident through role modelling and enacting a rational authority role.
- Develop a working knowledge of the Australasian Therapeutic Community Essential Elements (ATCEE’s)
- Provide support for the needs of clients seeking treatment for their AOD use
- Provide a supportive environment in which substance users can recover from their substance of dependence consistent with the therapeutic community model
- Utilise brief intervention, de-escalation strategies and motivational interviewing to assist residents in treatment
- Assist Nursing Staff with medication administration
- Provide support to residents attending off-site appointments
Salary will be $32.54 per hour Level 3 – Pay point 1 inclusive of superannuation.
Extensive salary packaging options to reduce amount of tax you pay
Employee Assistant Program
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Minimum Certificate IV in AOD or other relevant health qualification
- Additional qualifications in addictive behaviour or commitment to work towards it
- Experience working/volunteering within the AOD or mental health sector
- Ability to work, participate and contribute within a multidisciplinary team
- Understanding of the Therapeutic Community model – ATCA Essential Elements
To view the Position Description please- Click here
Applications closing date: Monday 22 November 2021
Windana adheres to Government mandates in relation to COVID-19
A valid Working with Children Check is mandatory for this position and a police check will be administered for preferred candidates. We are a child safe and equal employment opportunity employer.
Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.