Team Leader, Therapeutic Community Grampians
Windana is a leading Melbourne-based drug and alcohol treatment organisation specialising in holistic, client-focused recovery services, employing over 150 highly experienced staff delivering services across multiple sites.
For more than 35 years, Windana has been helping people rebuild their lives in a safe, caring environment, supporting our clients through their recovery process.
Windana assists 1500 people across Victoria every year by providing drug and alcohol treatment services including residential withdrawal, residential rehabilitation and a suite of non-residential services.
The Therapeutic Community (TC) residents rehabilitate by exploring their own life experiences and learning from the experience and insights of others. In education, therapy, and workgroups which form the basis of the daily routine everyone has an opportunity to explore new ways of experiencing life. The TC is all about change and growth in a supportive and non-judgmental environment.
Grampians TC is a purpose-built 20 -bed facility.
Directly accountable to the Program Manager, the Team Leader is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Therapeutic Community. The Team Leader will provide clinical expertise, supervision and support to the staff and resident teams. This role will be required to take up Higher Duties as the Program Manager, where required.
The role is based in Ballarat and will service state-wide referrals with a priority in the Grampians catchment area.
Who We Are Looking For
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Experience in management or leadership of a team
- A minimum of two years’ work experience in the drug and alcohol field, and demonstrated knowledge of problematic alcohol and other drug use
- Demonstrated knowledge of co-morbidity in relation to problematic alcohol and other drug use and mental health
- Demonstrated skills and experience relevant to leading a clinical team
- Client assessment skills and experience
- Experience in Group Work
- Demonstrated experience of working with a range of community services professionally and successfully
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and written communication skills
- Tertiary qualifications in Nursing, Social Work, Psychology or similar
- Qualifications in AOD and/or mental health or ability to work toward AOD core competencies
We are a child safe and equal employment opportunity employer. A valid Working with Children Check is mandatory for this position, and a police check will be administered for the preferred candidate. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace culture. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Reference Number: WIN 46