Therapeutic Community Key Worker – Ballarat
The Therapeutic Community (TC) residents rehabilitate by exploring their own life experiences and learning from the experience and insights of others. In education, therapy, and work groups which form the basis of the daily routine everyone has an opportunity to explore new ways of experiencing life. The TC is all about change and growth in a supportive and non-judgmental environment. Located at Ballarat in a purpose built 20 bed facility.
Directly accountable to the Therapeutic Community Team Leader, the Therapeutic Community Key Worker is responsible for providing opportunities for residents to identify and address risk taking behavioural patterns and develop lifestyles of self-determined purpose. Act as a rational authority and role model.
The role is situated in Ballarat and will service state-wide referrals with a priority in the Grampians catchment area.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Proven experience in case management and delivering group-based interventions and programs
- Experience working within the alcohol and drug sector or within a similar dynamic and community-based environment
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport, negotiate and facilitate resident outcomes
- A demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement of interventions, programs and services.
- Ability to understand and implement a Therapeutic Community model
- Excellent communication skills both in writing reports, assessments and treatment plans and verbally communicating key messages and treatment options with influence and compassion.
- Awareness of legislation affecting Windana services e.g. Equal Opportunity, Mental Health, Disability Services, Children and Young People’s Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- A current Victorian Driver’s license is essential
- Have valid working rights to work in Australia
Your qualifications will include:
- Diploma in Alcohol and Other Drugs, Mental Health or other relevant discipline
- Tertiary in Nursing, Social Work, Psychology or similar desirable
To be considered, applications must address the selection criteria contained in the attached Position Description, which you can download by clicking here.
30th July of 2021 at 9:00 am
Windana is a child-safe and equal employment opportunity employer. A valid Working with Children Check is mandatory for this position, and a police check will be administered for preferred candidates. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace culture. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.