- Part-Time or Full Time
- Based in St. Kilda
- Attractive salary packaging options available
Windana Drug and Alcohol Recovery Inc. is a leading Victorian-based drug and alcohol treatment organisation.
For more than 30 years, we have been helping people rebuild their lives in a safe, caring environment, supporting our clients wherever they are in the recovery process.
The Community Services Program is comprised of a range of community-based, alcohol and other drug services including, Intake and Assessment in South East, Counselling, Care and Recovery Coordination, Community AOD Support, Family Services, Art Therapy and the Peer Support Group.
This role reports to the Community Services Manager and is responsible for the day to day operational and clinical management of services delivered by Community Services Program teams. The Program Coordinator provides general oversight of the program’s operations and will ensure that care provided is safe, contemporary and evidence-based.
The purpose of the role is to lead, direct and coordinate the teams that deliver multidisciplinary care for clients. Fundamental to this role is the management of several diverse services and the supervision and support of staff. This is a great opportunity for a person wanting to develop in a leadership role.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Proven staff management and leadership skills (Community Sector, Health and Welfare Sector)
- Proven effective operational management including working knowledge and understanding of key performance indicators and program targets and reconciliation
- Sound knowledge of the principles of clinical risk assessment and management in community-based and outreach service delivery environment, and the proven ability to develop strategies to support clients with a comorbid mental illness and drug & alcohol issue
- Demonstrated experience operating within a quality improvement and governance framework including incident management and policy and procedure development
- Demonstrated high level of effective written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of legislation affecting Windana services e.g. Equal Opportunity Act, Mental Health Act, Disability Services Act, Children and Young People’s Act, Child Safety Standards, Information Sharing Protocol for Family Violence, Severe Substance Dependent Persons Act 2010 etc.
Your qualifications will include:
- Relevant tertiary qualification – Health Science, Nursing, Counselling, Social Work or Psychology
- Current registration with a relevant professional body
- Completion of Certificate IV or Diploma in AOD and Mental Health or a commitment to complete studies
- Appropriate training related to mental health or Dual Diagnosis or commitment to undertake and complete training within 2 months of employment
To be considered, applications must address the selection criteria contained in the Position Description available here
If you have any queries, please contact Irina Hart via email at Irina.Hart@windana.org.au
23 September 2019 at 9 AM
Please email your completed application to email@example.com remembering to include your covering letter addressing the selection criteria and a current CV.
A valid Working with Children Check is mandatory for this position and a police check will be administered for preferred candidates. We are a child safe and equal employment opportunity employer. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged.