If you are seeking help for yourself, a family member or someone you know there are a number of ways to get help and information:
- Contact Directline who can provide information on treatment services across Victoria 1800 888 236
- Call an ambulance or go to hospital if it is an emergency
- Go to your GP/doctor for advice and or to get a referral
- Contact Windana directly to discuss treatment options on 9529 7955
- There may be a waiting list for face to face services in which case you can acess 24/7 online counselling services via Turning Point, Headspace (specialised services for youth) or Beyond Blue (for Depression and Anxiety)
Accessing Treatment with Windana
Since September 2014 your local intake team is the first contact for accessing treatment
In order to access treatment services at Windana or discuss treatment options you need to
- Have a conversation with a worker from your local Alcohol and Other Drug Intake Team who will ask you about your current needs and situation (initial screen)
- This will normally be by telephone, or if you would rather attend in person you can request a face to face appointment.
- To get the telephone number for your local intake team click here and enter your postcode
- You can let your intake worker know that you are seeking treatment with Windana
- To get an idea of the types of questions you’ll be asked you can do the online Self-Assessment (Screen). This will also give you feedback on the next step you could take in seeking help.
- When you have completed the initial screen you will be given an assessment appointment or be given other options for getting help.
- This will normally be face to face in your local area
- You can let your assessment worker know that you are seeking treatment with Windana
- The local intake team will forward your assessment to the Windana admissions team or the relevant treatment service/s.
Ambulance Police Fire 000
Ambulance Police Fire (mobile phone) 112
Tel:1800 888 236
DirectLine provides 24-hour, 7-day counselling, information and referral.
At DirectLine, you can talk to professional counsellors who are experienced in alcohol and drug-related matters.
DirectLine is free, anonymous and confidential.
Youth Substance Abuse Service (YSAS)
support and referral for 12 to 21 year-olds
1800 014 446
Metro: 03 9418 1020
For telephone support and advice for family members call Family Drug Help
a support service staffed by trained volunteers and professional counsellors.
Tel:1300 660 068