Naturopath (3rd – 4th year student or graduate) – Volunteer
Windana is a leading Melbourne-based drug and alcohol treatment organisation specialising in holistic, client-focused recovery services.
For more than 30 years, we have been helping people rebuild their lives in a safe, caring environment, supporting our clients wherever they are in the recovery process.
Windana assists close to 1500 people across Victoria per annum by providing AOD treatment services including residential withdrawal services, residential rehabilitation and a suite of non-residential services.
Windana is a QIP accredited organisation currently employing over 150 highly experienced staff delivering excellent services across multiple sites.
Windana Health & Healing (WHH) is the natural therapies program at Windana and aims to provide affordable, holistic and professional natural health care and supplements to our clients and the wider community.
Windana Drug & Alcohol Recovery has an exciting volunteering opportunity at our Therapeutic Community at Maryknoll as part of our Rehabilitation Services program.
This role will involve assisting our qualified naturopaths for 4-6 hours per week on a Wednesday.
The responsibilities will include:
- The packing of herbal, vitamin and mineral dosette boxes for residents
- Observing naturopathic consultations with residents of our rehabilitation program
- Providing administrative assistance and support to our Naturopaths
Why volunteer with us?
- We will work with you to utilise and/or enhance your skills and provide you with a fulfilling experience as part of our unique and vibrant service
- This could be a valuable addition to your CV and references for future
- Make a difference in someone’s life
Who We Are Looking For
- Qualified Naturopaths or 4th-year Naturopathic students
- Must have current First Aid and CPR certificate
- Must have current Victorian Working with Children’s check (volunteer) or willingness to undertake
- Must have current Victorian Police Check (volunteer) or willingness to undertake
We are a child safe and equal employment opportunity employer. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged.